Inexpensive Spring/Summer Activities to Enjoy with the Kids
At KidsFormal.com, we spend a lot of time with families who are focusing on the formal events in their lives throughout the year. However, we love to talk with families during the spring and summer months about the things they do with their kids at this time. After all, there are only a few days in spring and summer that require you to break out the boysí suits
, special occasion dresses
and other formal attire
, but there are many more days available to spend time with your loved ones.
The only problem is that when most of us think about fun things to do with our family, we think about expensive options such as going on a family vacation. However, there are tons of inexpensive spring/summer activities that you can do with your kids! Below are several ideas to get you started with planning your spring/summer family fun!
1. Spend a Day at the Park. Itís almost impossible to find a community that doesnít have a public park. Spending a day at the park can be a lot of fun for everyone in your family from the toddler to the family dog! Youíll need to pack a small ice-chest with bottled water (add ice, of course) and a picnic basket for lunch. Aside from that, bring things to do with your kids. A football, Frisbee, kite, bubbles and other similar outdoor toys will provide you and your kids with hours of fun!
2. Drive to the Beach. If you are close to a beach, then pack up the sunscreen, beach towels and swimsuits and head out! Public beaches donít cost anything to visit and itís the perfect way to spend a summer day with your family. If you donít have a beach nearby, perhaps you can borrow a friendís boat and go to a nearby lake?
3. Go on a Bike Ride or Walk. In the evening, when the temperatures begin to cool off, get your family together and head out for an evening bike ride or walk together. Not only is this fun and relaxing, but itís also a form of exercise, which we all need!
4. Help the Kids Organize a Bake Sale or Lemonade Stand. Surely, you remember setting up a lemonade stand when you were a kid? Your kids will have fun doing the same thing, especially if you help them organize it. To help generate more of a profit, you may want to host a garage sale on the same day and let the kids bake some brownies and cookies to serve with their lemonade. At the end of the day, the kids may be able to go to the store and buy some ice-cream or a new toy with the money they made.
5. Play Miniature Golf. Take the whole family out to play a round of miniature golf. This is a game everyone in the family can enjoy and you shouldnít let the summer get away without playing at least one round of miniature golf with your family.